Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Friday 9 September 2011

September 8th 2011

Ater finishing my nightshift i managed a cpl of hours sleep before a cpl of txts from J.Judge & T,Marlow alerted me to the fact the Manx Shearwater was still present at Draycote & a further text to say also plenty of waders along Farborough bank soon had me packing my gear!!! On arrival the Manx was soon picked up flying just of the spit (My 2nd for Draycote) Between Farborough bank & Toft Shallows i had at least 18 Dunlin,1 Juv Curlew Sandpiper,1 Ruff,1 Knot,1 Juv Little Stint,3 Greenshank,2 Little Ringed Plover,1 juv Turnstone & several Ringed Plover also 2 juv Little Gull,1 Common Tern,Swift,2 Wheatear,50+ Yellow Wagtail & 2 Hobby a cracking day & some decent photos of some of the birds on view!!!

Curlew Sandpiper

Dunlin


 Ringed Plover
Knot

 Little Stint (juv)




Manx Shearwater


2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Great images Dave. Remind me to "mug" you for your lens at some point!

Max Silverman said...

More cracking shots Dave.The Manxie didn't come close for me.