Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Tuesday 9 August 2011

August 8th 2011

Typical 2 wks off work & all quiet on the birding front locally & nationally 1st day back & i get a txt of JJ (John Judge) letting me know that a Wood Sandpiper is showing on Farborough Spit,Draycote water,thankfully ive got a cpl of hrs to spare so off i shot off & quickly connected with the bird thanks to Bob Hazell & Bob Duckhouse who pointed me in the right direction having forgotten me bins!!! Just as they were leaving Bobby D informed me that a summer plumaged Black-tailed Godwit was at the inlet (Bugger only about a 1 1/2mile around the water) couldnt resist so off i went having good but distant views a short conversation with the boys & we came to the same conclusion this was of the form Islandica & with time not on my side had to leave ready for my shift!! cpl of pics below...........

Wood Sandpiper

Black-tailed Godwit (Islandica)

No comments: