Wood Warbler

Wood Warbler
Seeswood Pool 2008

Thursday 23 September 2010

September 22nd 2010



After missing out on Wryneck last week at Heanor,Derbys i decided to head down to Buckinghamshire to Bacombe Hill,Wendover for the bird there! With only a few distant photos on the web i wasn't hopefull of getting any decent photos (How wrong was i?)on arrival i joined the birders & set up behind them & sat down watching the bird which was about 50ft away,after about 1/2 hr the bird suddenly started running up the mound towards me at 1 point less than 10ft away with me scrambling backwards trying to get away from it,with my lens not focussing down to less than about 20ft,amusing the assembled birders & photographers present. A cracking bird & a very enjoyable few hrs....





1 comment:

Max Silverman said...

Dammit Dave.I'm so jealous!!! I'm going to have to stop looking at your blog.